Monday, March 23, 2015

I Love You

Today's post will be short and sweet. I'd like to talk about one thing, love. Often we think of love as feeling a certain way about someone or something. We throw the term love around loosely to describe our childish cravings or longings for something; I LOVE that song, I LOVE ice cream, I LOVE your hair, I LOVE his shoes... Really we're just using the word love as a substitute for what we truly mean, strongly like.

But what is love, really?

Love is sacrifice! Plain and simple.
Love is being able to put your wants and desires aside in order to serve someone else, no matter how much it costs you. Jesus commands us as His disciples to love each other as he has loved us (John 15:12-13). He goes on to say in verse that there is no greater love than to lay down your life for a friend. How many of us can say we would die for every single one of our friends? Thats because these people really aren't our friends (blog about true friendship coming in the future).

A great example of love shown to me personally is John 3:16. We all know the verse but have you ever just sat down and read it slowly? Have you ever just consumed the words and let it marinate in your mind? I challenge you to do it. It says that for GOD so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Some of us won't even give up some fries from our fast food meals and here we have the creator of the Universe giving up His only son so that we can live! If that is not love I don't know what is!

It's a pleasure to know that we have a creator who loves us. I hope that everyone gets a chance to experience His love. Here are a 7 verses that showcase Gods love for us. Take the time to read, study, and memorize them. John 3:16, Romans 8:37-39, Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:9-11, Ephesians 2:4-5, 1 Peter 5:6-7, Psalm 86:15.

Live in Love. Live In Peace. Go in Freedom

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment